What to do and when
Moving to a new home or buying your very first home can be a stressful time. Minimise your stress using our essential checklist:
Six weeks before moving
- Confirm the date of your move
- If you're renting, notify your landlord of your moving date
- Check your home insurance - make sure you have cover from the day you exchange contracts on your new home
- Obtain written quotes from several removal firms ahead of exchanging contracts . Ask forreferences and check the limit of their insurance.
- If you're not using professional removers, check for availability of van hire
- Book extra storage space if required
- Notify the relevant utility companies of your departure and on moving day take meter readings
- Start getting rid of possessions you no longer need. Decide which items can be taken to a charity shop, sold at car boot sale, or offered to your friends.
- If you need new furniture or carpets - order them now and arrange delivery for when you move in.
Two weeks before moving
- Start packing non-essential items such as books and non-seasonal clothes into boxes
- De-register from your doctor, dentist and optician if you're moving out of the area.
- Visit the post office and arrange for your post to be forwarded (you will be charged a fee for this service).
- Notify your milkman and newspaper shop where relevant that you'll be moving and give them a date you want the service to stop or your new address
- If you have children or pets, arrange for someone to look after them during the move.
- Make a list of everyone who should know about the move. Send out change of address cards.
- Finalise arrangements with your removal company. Confirm arrival times and make sure your removers have directions to your new address
- Notify the bank of any changes to direct debits and standing orders
Don't just take our word for it:
This agent is a cut above all others. They offer what we all recognise to be an estate agency service but it is quite unrecognisable otherwise. They are consummate professionals and nothing is too much trouble - they are unflappable and where we see issues and potential problems, they are always...
Perry Bishop & Chambers provided us with excellent service throughout the selling process. The sales team were efficient, competent and friendly. Once the property had sold the sale progression team ensured we kept well informed and completion was very efficiently and smooth. They are well...
My partner and myself recently bought our new home through Perry Bishop. And found the Sales team particularly Lynn to be very helpful indeed ... good job !...
It was a long and difficult sale with several buyer pull-outs but the staff kept in touch with us throughout....
The whole team were amazing, supporting us throughout the process and checking up that everything was going smoothly. Thank you....
I felt well supported through the house selling process by Perry Bishop. Staff were always friendly and approachable. Would definitely recommend them....