What to do and when
Moving to a new home or buying your very first home can be a stressful time. Minimise your stress using our essential checklist:
Six weeks before moving
- Confirm the date of your move
- If you're renting, notify your landlord of your moving date
- Check your home insurance - make sure you have cover from the day you exchange contracts on your new home
- Obtain written quotes from several removal firms ahead of exchanging contracts . Ask forreferences and check the limit of their insurance.
- If you're not using professional removers, check for availability of van hire
- Book extra storage space if required
- Notify the relevant utility companies of your departure and on moving day take meter readings
- Start getting rid of possessions you no longer need. Decide which items can be taken to a charity shop, sold at car boot sale, or offered to your friends.
- If you need new furniture or carpets - order them now and arrange delivery for when you move in.
Two weeks before moving
- Start packing non-essential items such as books and non-seasonal clothes into boxes
- De-register from your doctor, dentist and optician if you're moving out of the area.
- Visit the post office and arrange for your post to be forwarded (you will be charged a fee for this service).
- Notify your milkman and newspaper shop where relevant that you'll be moving and give them a date you want the service to stop or your new address
- If you have children or pets, arrange for someone to look after them during the move.
- Make a list of everyone who should know about the move. Send out change of address cards.
- Finalise arrangements with your removal company. Confirm arrival times and make sure your removers have directions to your new address
- Notify the bank of any changes to direct debits and standing orders
Don't just take our word for it - our latest reviews
We have received an excellent service from Perry Bishop. The team were efficient, proactive and thorough at all times, and communicated well with us throughout our house sale. We liked the two department set up, separating the sales team from the after- sales team.
Fantastatic service! This was our first dealing with Perry Bishop and Chambers for the purchase of a property and we were pleasantly surprised! The way everything was handled was outstanding but what I loved the most was the clear weekly communication and email update
Excellent customer service and very good at chasing outstanding issues. Friendly and always available at the end of the phone. Professional conduct throughout
Perry Bishop were our agent of choice when we sold our house this year - and they stayed with us every-step of the way! We were really impressed by the professionalism and standard of customer care. Shirley and the team kept us informed throughout.
Fantastic agents. They have been brilliant all the way through the process of selling our house. Thank you so much.